El Paso, TX - It's a household staple, and now, Hunt's Tomato Paste is being recalled because it could make you sick. Conagra Brands has launched the nationwide recall for a limited number of cans of Hunt’s Tomato Paste because of the potential for mold.
The Food and Drug Administration says the recall is for 6-ounce cans of Hunt’s Tomato Paste No Salt Added. Affected products will have the following information on the label or the can:
- Item description: HNT PSTE TOM NSA 12/6Z
- Case UPC: 00-0-27000-38809-9
- Item UPC: 00-0-27000-38807-5
- Case Batch/Lot Code: 5291902510
- Item Batch/Lot Code: 2105902510
- Best By Date: OCT 16 2020
The company says the final product may have been damaged after canning, creating the potential for mold. The company said it has already received calls about mold from consumers.