News

Water heater explosion forces family out of their home

EL PASO, Texas - A family of four was forced out of their Lower Valley home after their water heater exploded late Sunday night.

The incident happened on the 8500 block of Tigris just before midnight. The family was awakened by a loud explosion. Fire crews quickly put out the blaze.

An investigation revealed that a fuel leak from a motorcycle parked in the garage was ignited by a nearby water heater pilot light.

Fire officials urge the public to make sure your vehicles are properly checked for leaks, especially if they are parked in a garage.


comments powered by Disqus