Miner Football Fan Policies
- Only one vehicle per space and only one space per vehicle.
- Spaces are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Tailgating should take place 4 feet in front of or behind your vehicle.
- No tailgating allowed in the parking garage.
- Tailgating is permitted on outer campus lots beginning at 8 a.m. on game day.
- Tailgating is permitted on inner campus beginning at 4 p.m. for Sept. 6 game and 2 p.m. for rest of 2014 home games.
- For your safety, glass containers are not allowed anywhere on campus during game days.
- Kegs, beer balls, and other common-source containers are also prohibited on campus and in tailgating areas. This includes beer funnels.
- Tailgaters must enter the Sun Bowl by the end of the first quarter. One person may stay at each tailgating site during the game if there is a large setup.
- Please dump all used charcoal in designated containers.
- No drinking games of any kind allowed.
Student Ticketing Policy
The Miner Gold Card is the student ticket for football games. Students need to register online at www.sportslottery.utep.edu prior to game day to gain access to their ticket. On game day at the stadium gates, the Miner Gold Card will need to be presented to be scanned to gain entry.
Restricted Access Areas
Unauthorized individuals are not permitted in restricted areas of the Sun Bowl Stadium during or after an event. The restricted areas include, but are not limited to, the field, floor, locker rooms and offices. Violators are subject to criminal sanctions and/or the University’s disciplinary processes.
For the safety and comfort of the audience, the following items are prohibited in the venue:
- Glass containers
- Coolers and ice chests
- Laser pens/pointers
- Food and beverages
- Signs and banners that impede visibility of other patrons
- Video and audio recording devices
- Wallet chains
- Stadium seats 18 inches or smaller
- Baby food (in plastic containers only)
- Rain ponchos
- To ensure the safety of our patrons and an enjoyable event for all, patrons will be subject to a search and/or wanding by event staff personnel. Event staff is not responsible for any items or personal property voluntarily left during search procedures at the entrance.
- Re-entry with your torn ticket stub and a stamp will be allowed. Please ask a gate attendant for assistance.
- Sections 10 through 17 are for general admission. Sections 18 through 21 are student seating. All other seating areas are reserved for numbered ticket holders.
- Wheelchair (ADA) Seating
- Wheelchair/ADA seating is available in the upper west section of the stadium in sections one through five and ONLY be accessed through the press box parking lot. Additional wheelchair/ADA seating is located in the North End Zone on the concourse level of sections 13 and 15 and also section 19 in the student section.
Stadium seats 18 inches and smaller are allowed into the venue. Stadium seats larger than 18 inches will not fit into your allowed ticketed space at the stadium’s bench seating.
Tickets may be purchased at the following entrances to the Sun Bowl Stadium: North, south, and east.
Will call tickets can be picked up at the north, south and east entrances to the Sun Bowl Stadium.
Athletic Compliance Tickets
Athletic Compliance tickets can be picked up at the ticket trailer located in the north entrance to the Sun Bowl Stadium.
Food items are available for purchase with cash, credit cards, and debit cards. Checks are not accepted.
ATMs are located on the concourse in front of sections 13 and 23.
The UTEP Sun Bowl Stadium prohibits smoking in all seating areas and aisle ways. Please be respectful of other patrons. This is a smoke-free environment.