EL PASO, Texas - The Schuster Avenue ramp to eastbound I-10 will be closed beginning at 7 p.m. Friday, March 7, and reopen at 6 a.m. Monday, March 10. The closure is tied to TxDOT's work on its Spur 1966 project that connects Schuster to Paisano Drive.
TxDOT also will close the Schuster Avenue ramp according to the following schedule:
- Monday, March 10, at 7 p.m. until 6 a.m., Tuesday, March 11.
- Tuesday, March 11, at midnight until 6 a.m., Wednesday, March 12.
- Wednesday, March 12, at midnight until 6 a.m., Thursday, March 13.
- Thursday, March 13, at midnight until 6 a.m., Friday, March 14.
- Friday, March 14, at 11 p.m. until 6 a.m., Saturday, March 15.
- Saturday, March 15, at 11 p.m. until 6 a.m., Sunday, March 16.
Motorists should seek an alternative route to eastbound I-10 during these periods.
In addition, TxDOT will close the eastbound Porfirio Diaz exit ramp starting at 6 p.m. Friday, March 7. It will remain closed through Sunday, March 23. Crews will be working on the foundations for the Spur 1966 bridge.