Two apartment fires overnight; one caused by cellphone

Central El Paso apartment fires had El Paso fire crews working overnight.

EL PASO, Texas - Two central El Paso apartment complexes had fire crews busy working overnight.

The first fire happened just after midnight at the Los Arcos Apartments on Alabama Street. Fire crews told us no one was injured. However, water damage was reported to the unit where the fire started. The family that was displaced will be staying with relatives.

Police tell us a cellphone charging on a couch is to blame for a second fire that happened just a mile away. At about 1:45 a.m., El Paso Fire crews were called out to the Villa Sierra Apartments on McKinley Avenue. Police told us there were no injuries.

comments powered by Disqus