EL PASO, Texas - The deadline for paying 2013 property taxes is Friday, Jan. 31, 2014.
Taxpayers are encouraged to pay before the deadline to avoid penalties and
interest. The penalty and interest if paid in February is 7 percent of the property tax amount owed.
Payment options include:
1. MAIL - Send payment to El Paso Tax Assessor Collector, P.O. Box 660271, Dallas, TX 75266-0271. (Note: A payment is considered timely if postmarked by January 31st. Do not mail cash)
2. INTERNET - At home.elpasotexas.gov/tax-office by e-check or credit card (Master Card, Visa and American Express). Have until 11:59 p.m. Jan. 31 to pay.
3. TELEPHONE - Call (915) 212-0106 and pay by e-check or credit card (Master Card, Visa and American Express). Have until 11:59 p.m. Jan. 31 to pay.
4. WELLS FARGO BANKS - in El Paso County until 3:00 p.m., Friday, January 31, 2014 full or partial payment. No cash accepted only checks or money orders. Tax bill must be presented. Lobby payments only. (No Drive-thru payments)
5. COUNTY TAX OFFICES (4) - Check, Money Orders, and cash are accepted. Tax bill must be presented.
6. CITY OF EL PASO TAX OFFICE - Located on the 3rd floor of the Downtown Wells Fargo Building at 221 N. Kansas. Office hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday thru Thursday. We will be open on Friday January 24th and 31st
7. MOBILE BANK AT EPCAD PARKING LOT - Located at 5801 Trowbridge from January 29th through January 31st during 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Checks and Money Orders accepted. No cash accepted. Tax bill must be presented.
You may experience some delays or difficulty in accessing payment options because of the large volume of payments being processed during this peak period. Early payment is suggested in order to avoid these problems.
Source: City of El Paso