AUSTIN, Texas - The reward for a Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender has been increased to $8,000 for information leading to his capture if the tip occurs this month.
Sixty-year-old Timothy McBride is wanted for allegedly failing to comply with sex offender registration requirements, parole violation and probation violation. He has been wanted since 2011.
McBride has ties to the North Richland Hills/Fort Worth areas and has previously lived in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. He is described as being 5-foot-10 and weighs approximately 250 pounds.
McBride was convicted in 2006 in Tarrant County on three counts of indecency with a child/sex contact for incidents involving two 16-year-old girls.
Tipsters must use one of the following methods to be eligible for cash rewards:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters "DPS" - followed by your tip - to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the "SUBMIT A TIP" link (under the "About" section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).