News

Students evacuated after trash can fire at Oñate High School

LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Officials contained a small trash can fire at Oñate High School Tuesday morning, a school spokeswoman confirmed.

Students were evacuated, but they were able to file back in to school around 10 am, said Jo Galván, a spokeswoman for Las Cruces Public Schools.

The cause did not appear to be suspicious.

"Nothing major, apparently a cell phone and/or cell phone battery," confirmed Dan Trujillo, a spokesman for the Las Cruces Fire Department.


comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular Stories