Investigators with several law enforcement agencies arrested six people in connection with "Las Chivas," a heroin trafficking investigation that began in October of 2015.
Several of these arrestees have been affiliated with the Barrio Azteca prison gang, Sunland Park Police said. The Drug Enforcement Agency and the U.S. Border Patrol also participated in the investigation.
The following suspects were arrested in Sunland Park:
- Manuel Rocha 59, of the 200 block of Yucca.
- Mario Pena 51, of the 200 block of Posey
- Salvador Holguin 32, of the 100 block of Monte Vista
- Victoria Jaramillo 64, of the 100 block of Palma
- Jose Villiscas 45, of the 200 block of Calle Hidalgo
- Rogelio Arzate 39, of the 2000 block of McNutt.
All of the suspects were jailed on $50,000 bonds. Holguin was booked on a $100,000 bond.
Charges range from:
- Conspiracy with intent to distribute
- Conspiracy with possession of a controlled substance
- Possession of a Controlled substance
- Conspiracy to distribute an Imitation substance
Investigators are still looking for Mary Helen Velasco 45, of the 300 block of Posey; and Juan Perez 66, of the 100 block of Sierra Vista.