Abc-7 is learning more about the alleged threats made against Santa Teresa Middle School. Sunland Park Police say a 14-year-old boy who threatened to bomb the school also planned to shoot it up if his first plan didn't work.

The unidentified student was arrested Thursday on anti-terrorism and attempted bomb threat charges, police say the boy is a special needs student in the 8th grade.

Police tell Abc-7 the boy had detailed bomb plans, and they found mock bombs made out of cardboard and duct tape in the boy's living room. Police say the parents claim they didn't know they were bombs and just thought their child had a vivid imagination. They say they knew nothing of his intentions but police say the boy told investigators he had access to guns and knew how to use them.

The school held a meeting for parents who had concerns about the threats Thursday night, many of them leaving with more questions than answers.

"That doesn't matter, what matters is that you guys failed to tell us what happened, and we're here to get answers," Alma Saucedo, who has a 7th grade student at Santa Teresa Middle School said.

Saucedo was one of dozens of parents in attendance at Thursday's meeting. Parents and students filled the school's gym, voicing their concerns about the school's lack of communication. Some, even shouting at administration trying to get their point across.

"We are very concerned, we because we never got the call, we got the call 24 hours later," Saucedo told Abc-7.

During the meeting, the school's principal told parents she learned of the threat after the student turned in a written assignment and immediately called police. Police were at the school for hours before taking the boy into custody, but the school was never placed on lockdown. Parents were notified by phone call and through a letter the following morning.

"The school should have locked down first, and second should have notified, they had time to tell, and it would have been our choice we wanted to pick up our kids or not," Saucedo said.

Other parents came to the school's defense saying the kids were safe.
"Last thing you want to do is call and send and advice and have every parent trying to jump the fence get their kids and make a bad situation worse if there is one," Mike Erra mouspe said.

The school's principal, Rosa Lovelace told Abc-7 she felt the situation was controlled and students safety was never in jeopardy. The district's spokesman also told Abc-7 Thursday the school followed proper protocol.

"Administrators have to turn into investigators and determine the severity of the situation and that takes quite a bit of time and trying to notify all the parents is not too simple. So their first priority is to establish the safety and security for all the students and staff, Villalobos said.

Administration dodged questions during the meeting, telling parents they couldn't give out much information until all investigations are complete.

"My answer that I want is if this child is going to return and I think we have the right to know because we should have that decision if we want to continue to have our children here or move them schools," Amanda Payan said.

Lovelace, tells Abc-7 she knew the students were safe but will revisit policies for the future. She could not say if the student will return to school, adding the school will determine disciplinary action once the police and district attorney's office conclude theirs.