Motorists on Country Club Road in the Upper Valley will experience changes in traffic patterns during the month of May. The following closures and re-openings are necessary to accommodate the reconstruction of the important thoroughfare:
- Country Club Road westbound from Love Road to Montoya Road: Closed to thru-traffic May 5, 2014, thru November 2014.
- Country Club Road eastbound from Montoya Road to Love Road: Closed to thru-traffic mid-May thru November 2014.
- Eastbound and Westbound lanes of Country Club Road from Love Road to Doniphan Drive: Open by end of May 2014.
For the protection of construction workers, ALL THRU TRAFFIC is reminded to continue using the following detours routes:
- Eastbound thru-traffic detour: Take McNutt Road southbound to Sunland Park Drive eastbound to Doniphan Drive or Interstate 10.
- Westbound thru-traffic detour: Take Interstate 10 or Doniphan Drive to Artcraft Road westbound to McNutt Road southbound.
During all closures, residents will have access to their property, as will police, fire, and other emergency services.
The reconstruction of Country Club Road was designed to accommodate the replacement of aging water and wastewater lines. Ground was broken on the project in August of 2013. The project is expected to be completed in February 2015.
Source: City of El Paso