EL PASO, Texas - According to reports posted on the City's Municipal Clerk website:
- Jaime O. Perez isn't accepting applications
- Dean Martinez and Jorge Artalejo haven't raised anything in this last cycle.
- Hector H. Lopez brought in 18,053.07
- Gus Haddad raised $29,607
- Robert Cormell is at $39, 639
And the two front runners are about $46,500 dollars apart:
- Oscar Leeser at $93, 664.85
- Steve Ortega at $140,170
Leeser has thousands of dollars coming in from the established business and health care community, as well as the County Sheriff and Municipal Police associations.
Ortega's contributors range from current and former elected officials, as well as the progressive business community taking stake in the revitalization efforts of El Paso, and the firefighters association.
Leeser spent about $40,705 on tv ads. Ortega spent $101,000.
But all the candidates will be marketing themselves with an onslaught of signage, television, radio, and print advertisement for the next eight days until election day May 11th.