A Hawaiian man saved his mother's home from a fire using a big pot of miso soup.
Reuben Prensky, 41, awoke to crackling sounds on Saturday and found a plastic sink in the laundry room on fire, with flames lapping at the roof, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported.
He quickly doused the flames with the first thing he could find -- miso broth.
While that didn't put out the fire completely, it did buy Prensky some time to grab a garden hose and extinguish the flames, according to the Hawaii Tribune Herald.
Damage to the home on the Big Island was estimated at $10,000.
Firefighters told the Tribune Herald that Prensky's quick actions saved about $200,000 in property damage.