Starting in 2014, all Americans will be required to have insurance, whether through their employer or the individual market. Americans who don't have company-sponsored coverage can enroll in insurance plans on state-based exchanges beginning on Oct. 1. About 24 million people are expected to obtain insurance through the exchanges by 2023, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
Click on the links below for slideshows, interactive content, and other information related to health care reform in the U.S.
- UPS cuts insurance, blames health care...
- States losing out under 'Obamacare'
- Health insurance by the numbers
- Health care reform
- Health care in America
- Health Care Reform Timeline 2010 to...
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- Health Insurance Marketplace
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans