EL PASO, Texas - Below you will find the list of Fort Bliss services and what each Directorate/Agency will and will not provide in the event of a government shutdown.
AAFES: No impact to AAFES facilities. All facilities will remain open regular hours.
IRAC: IRAC Office will be closed
MWR: All MWR functions will operate as normal minus ACS. See list of specific functions which will be open or closed.
Directorate of Human Resources:
Management Expectation: Slow-down of services in functional areas open except for ID Cards, SRP/RSRP and Casualty/Mortuary Affairs functions.
Services to be Provided with Exempt Employees:
-- Casualty/Mortuary Affairs (per DA guidance) will operate "on-call"
-- In/Out Processing (per GC guidance)
-- ID Cards (contract paid to continue performance of services)
-- Clinical ASAP Counseling (per DA guidance)
-- Bio-Chemical Testing (per DA guidance)
-- Reassignments (per DA guidance) but only for moves affecting exempt position/organization) and PCS moves supporting termination of service (ETS/Retirement/Chapters)
-- Transition (per DA guidance)
-- SRP/RSRP (contract paid to continue performance of services)
-- ACAP (contract paid to continue performance of services)
-- Official Mail Distribution
FYI: -- Welcome Center (B.503) will remain operational except as noted:
-- Military - normal duty
-- PMO (B.503) operation will close but services will be available at main PMO location
-- State of Texas County Tax and Drivers License offices - will remain open
-- Transportation - will have minimal staffing (told 3-4 GS employees)
-- CYS, Housing and TRICARE - indicate will remain operational
-- eMILPO (except for one IMO supporting SRP/RSRP)
-- Retired Services
-- Reassignments/Family Travel (except as noted above)
-- Education Center
-- Admin Services
-- Workforce Development
-- ASAP Prevention Education services
BTO: Will still provide unit integration, facility planning and management, and community support/relations.
PAIO / TF NEXT: Will only be staffed by the 2 people. The office will only be providing the minimal service such as answering calls and inquires.
PAO: Will respond to media, disseminate information, and oversee Monitor contract to continue to publish newspaper.
DMPO: Operations that continue:
Support for SRRC - Mob/Demob and Deployment/Re-deployment as scheduled by MaD Bde.
Support for In-processing as scheduled by AG Welcome Center
Support for scanning PCS Travel claims to DFAS-Rome
Support for Transitioning Soldiers (Separations)
Support for documents processing to update military pay system.
Scale back over the counter pay inquiry service.
Scale back on briefing requests.
EEO: Will be CLOSED.
DPW: The following services will continue to be provided by DPW during the shut-down.
1. All Service orders (Routine/Urgent/Emergency)
2. Emergency work orders
3. Support for all service contracts. (Refuse collection, custodial, grounds maintenance, real property maintenance, utilities, recycling operations, Hazmat collection, etc)
4. Inspections and quality assurance for all active/funded service contracts and construction contracts. (SRM/OMA/MCA)
5. All housing services (HSO/RCI/UPH)
6. Environmental reporting and emergency spill response.
Safety will continue to perform the following functions;
- Attend required staff calls
- Collect and compile accident data reported to this office
- Provide safety statistical data for staff calls
- Provide safety input data for FRBs as necessary
- Provide management oversight for motorcycle training
Safety will not to perform the following functions;
- Safety inspections of existing facilities & building
- Acceptance inspections of new construction
- Preconstruction meetings
- Inspection of youth facilities and Family Child care Homes, ranges, explosives sites, arms rooms, and radiation management (leak test, pre-inspections for shipping, packaging, etc) will be terminated.
- Logistics Plans & Operations Division will remain open.
- Maintenance Division will remain open in support of: BASOP Emergency equipment repair, Mob, LBE, and Reset missions.
- Impact will be on the Government side by reduce/limited surveillance of the contract operations. Other Impacts will be to non-essential units by not accepting any additional missions.
- Aviation Maintenance will shut down due to lack of funding. Impact will affect both Government and contract personnel.
- Transportation Division will remain open in support of:
- Personal Property shipping office In-Out Bound Processing section.
- Quality Control Inspection section Local Moves/POV storage.
- Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
- TMP Motor Pool operation.
- Transportation freight Office.
- Unit moves (UMB) DAAG section.
All Supply & Services will be open to include TISA and Dining Facilities
DPTMS: The following services will continue to be provided by DPTMS.
Plans and Operations Division
Installation Operations Center: Military and civil operations in support of health/safety/protection and military operations
Operations: Military and civil operations in support of health/safety/protection and military deployments*
Plans / Antiterrorism / OPSEC: Military and civil operations in support of health/safety/protection and military operations*
Force Integration: Military support of deployment of forces
*Provided by the IOC, unless an emergency occurs.
Provide security information, validations of security access, assist MAD with mobility issues, process security clearances and other security actions such as; JPAS assistance and fingerprinting.
Air Traffic Control Services:
- Issues information and clearance for properly separating and sequencing aircraft under tower control.
- Issue information and instructions for the orderly movement of aircraft, vehicles, and personnel in the movement areas.
- Receives and processes flight data and relays date clearances and messages and assists in facility operations.
- Airspace management of the class D airspace adjacent/overlapping the EPIA class C airspace.
Air Traffic Control Maintenance
- Maintenance and certification of air traffic control communications systems and navigational aids systems
Flight Management & Services:
- Process flight plans
- Process airfield usage requirements and NOTAMS (PPRs)
- Coordinate for aircraft Customs, and Border Protection support (international flights)
- Activate emergency response notifications
- Initiate overdue aircraft procedures
- Airfield safety Program implementations
- Perform daily airfield maintenance, and daily inspections
- Ensure runway, taxiways, lighting, etc. are operational.
- Provide oversight to ensure mission aircraft are supported safely and efficiently
- Provides ground handling and parking procedures for in/outbound aircraft operations
- Operate and maintain aerospace/material handling equipment
- Ensure fuel support is provided to aircraft requiring refuel before departure.
- Provide regulated garbage removal and processing for aircraft originating from overseas
Training Support Center and supported TADSS (AGTS, BATS, COFT, HEAT, MET and CDT)
Training Ammo Section
APOC (Rappel Tower, LRC, O-Course) will be closed 18 - 29 April 2011 due to construction.
BCTC Open for MOB plus LAD units training classes (11-22 Apr)
CCTT Open to support 4/1 units
RCS (reduced staffing) open for MOB/DeMOB units
Range Branch support operations will continue for units w/LADs and MOB
CPAC: Will only be staffed by 7 people. The office will only be providing the minimal service such as answering calls and inquires.
BBC (RCI Housing): Will be fully operational with normal business hours during the week and 24 hours per day for work orders.
DES (MP's / Fire): DES FESD will be open with all services.
- Pass offices will be minimally staffed.
- Vehicle and Weapons Registration will be open for business.
- All Police Services will be open with the exception of Police Administration.
LEGAL: Will provide the following services;
- Admin law
- Criminal law
- Legal Assistance
Commissary: Will be OPEN
Resource Management Office (RMO):
- MINIMUM ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL NEEDED TO RECORD NEW OBLIGATIONS INCURRED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF EXEMPT FUNCTIONS/OPERATIONS, AND TO MANAGE ARMY WORKING CAPITAL FUND (AWCF) CASH
- OBLIGATION ADJUSTMENT AND REALLOCATION OF PRIOR YEAR UNOBLIGATED FUNDS IN SUPPORT OF EXEMPT FUNCTIONS/OPERATIONS.
- ENSURE MINIMUM PERSONNEL AND FUNDING IS AVAILABLE AS NEEDED TO SUPPORT CONTRACTS THAT ARE AWARDED "WHERE DELAY IN CONTRACTING WOULD ENDANGER NATIONAL SECURITY OR CREATE RISK TO HUMAN LIFE OR PROPERTY".
- Office of the Senior Chaplain will continue to be available in support of Soldiers and their Family Members.
- All church services will be conducted since Chaplains lead worship services.
- Contract Musicians and contract priests will also provide their services in support of worship services as well.
- Director of Religious Education will not be able to perform their duties in support of Fort Bliss religious education since they are DOD employees.