El Paso Sheriff's Office: Fireworks cause shed fire

EL PASO, Texas - An 18-year-old lighting fireworks caused a shed fire, according to the El Paso County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff's officials said that on Sunday deputies were sent to the 9000 block of Curtis Dr. in Westway area where a storage shed near the home was engulfed in flames.

The 18-year-old was igniting "Black Cat Little Dynamite" fireworks when a patch of grass near the shed caught fire before the shed also caught fire.

The West Valley Fire Dept. was called and extinguished the fire.

The valued loss was estimated at approximately $500 and the homeowner was not insured for the loss. The homeowner stated the shed contained seasonal items and miscellaneous tools. The residence sustained exterior corner damage due to the heavy smoke.  No one was injured as a result of the fire.

comments powered by Disqus