The El Paso Chihuahuas continue to gain national attention in their rookie season.
First it was because of Chico the mascot, then for their delicious food and spectacular stadium.
Now, it's because of their special dog face jerseys the team will be wearing for its Bark at the Park game Aug. 3 at Southwest University Park. News of the unique jerseys caused the story to trend on Facebook Thursday.
The jerseys will be auctioned off with proceeds benefitting the Humane Society of El Paso.
Below are links to the stories about the Chihuahua dog face jerseys with rules for taking your dogs to the Aug. 3 game below the links.
- USA Today- El Paso Chihuahuas now have the best jerseys in sports
- @SportsCenter - El Paso Chihuahuas will wear these in actual game this season. Gotta love minor league baseball...(via @epchihuahuas)
- Gaslamp Ball El Paso Chihuahuas to wear special jersey on August 3rd
- FanSided El Paso Chihuahuas to wear dog face jerseys
- Total Pro Sports El Paso Chihuahuas Introduce Greatest Jerseys in History of Sports ...
- Kansas City Star (blog)- Minor-league baseball team will wear chihuahua-inspired jerseys
- Washington Post (blog)- Minor league team will be dressed to the ca-nines
- CBSSports.com- El Paso Chihuahuas have outstanding new jerseys
Aug. 3, Bark at the Park information, promotions, rules, etc.
Grab the leash and your furry friend! Time to bring your canine pal to the ballpark as the Chihuahuas and GECU present the second Bark at the Park!
WHEN: Sunday, August. 3, 2014. First pitch versus the Reno Aces (Arizona Diamondbacks).
TIME: Gates open at 6 p.m. First pitch is 6:05 p.m.
GIVEAWAY: The first 2,000 fans through the gates with paid admission will receive a Chico Bobblehead presented by GECU.
TICKETS: Click here.
The Chihuahuas will wear specially made jerseys (pictured) that are to be auctioned off, with proceeds benefiting the Humane Society of El Paso. The jerseys feature the face of a Chihuahua embodying the spirit of the brand. The auction will begin when gates open - 5 p.m. - and conclude immediately following the fifth inning. Fans must be present to win and will be required to make payments at that time. If payment cannot be made, the jersey will go to the next highest bidder.
Fans and their canine friends are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance as there is limited seating available.
PLEASE ADVISE THE FOLLOWING RULES:
- ALL entry and exit will be through the Missouri St. Gate.
- Owners must be 18 years of age or older.
- One dog per seat holder.
- Owners will be required to have their canine friends on a leash at all times.
- Owners must sign a waiver upon entry (link at the top of the page).
- Owners must show proof of the following vaccinations: Rabies, DHLP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Para Influenza), Parvo and Bordatella.
- Owners will be allowed one reentry for pet relief.
- NO pets will be allowed in the following areas:
- Club Level Suites
- Press Level Suites
- Big Dog House
- Santa Fe Pavilion
- Lawn Seating
- Team Shop
- Standing Room Only
The Chihuahuas reserve the right to refuse entry to any dog and/or ask any dog and its owner to leave.
The Chihuahuas will provide water for the dogs and will have volunteers ready should owners need to be temporarily excused. Care and control of the pet while at Southwest University Park is the sole responsibility of the dog owner.
Fans can buy tickets at EPChihuahuas.com or in person at the Durango or Santa Fe Box Offices. The Durango Box Office is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and the Santa Fe location is open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Both are open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday.