EL PASO, Texas - The Downtown Management District launched their new campaign is called "It's Happening."
Seven construction projects are scheduled over this year and next, and they want people to be prepared.
Here's a look at what people can expect Sunday morning:
- At 7:30 A.M. areas surrounding City Hall will be shut down.
- At 8 A.M. the railroad tracks will be covered.
- 8:45 A.M. the countdown starts and a safety check begins.
- 8:58 two minutes before the blast a siren will be heard throughout downtown warning everyone to brace for the big implosion.
- 9:00 A.M. City Hall is demolished
- Schuster street to Mesa street will also be closed.
- No one is allowed in until 9:45 A.M.
- No one is allowed in any buildings.
- The 1-10 will be closed between exits 16 Executive through 19A Downtown/mesa.
- People that live nearby are being asked to close their air conditioning vents and turn the unit off by 8:55.
The DMD foresees a lot of street closures over the next year, which is why they're launching the campaign now.
Soto also says she wants people to get excited by holding city-wide contests and scheduling flash mobs to dance in the streets wearing "It's Happening" t-shirt and hard hats.
If the wind allows the DMD plans on draping a huge banner over the side of City Hall Thursday at 6 A.M. that says "It's Happening."