Baby Jackson Death: Mother being held on probation violation, no other charges at this time

EL PASO, Texas - Jenna Farrey, the 20-year-old mother who's made headlines in recent weeks following the disappearance and apparent death of her baby son, is currently being held in El Paso County jail on probation violation charges.

Authorities say she violated her probation by leaving the state, which she could not do under the terms of her probation related to a 2012 guilty plea to child endangerment for leaving her toddler, Blake, home alone last year.

No other charges have been filed at this time and there are no hearings currently scheduled for Jenna, according to court records.

Jenna, her husband Jeffrey Farrey, 19-month-old Blake, and 5-month-old Jackson were reported missing Nov. 15. All but Jackson were found in an Escanaba, Michigan motel on Nov. 17.

Jenna was held in Michigan on the probation violation charge until she was extradited to El Paso and booked into El Paso County jail just after 9 p.m. Tuesday. When asked by reporters what happened to Jackson, Jenna said "no comment."

Jeffrey was extradited back to El Paso by the military a few days after being found on Nov. 17 because he was AWOL. Jeffrey has been charged with injury to a child by omission.

Officials have yet to confirm if the body of an infant found in Orogrande, New Mexico is Jackson.  The baby's body, believed by investigators to be that of Jackson, was taken to Albuquerque. An autopsy report is pending and could take up to eight weeks.

Jeffrey was in court Tuesday morning on a bond reduction hearing. Magistrate judge James Carter denied the Army specialist's request to have his $1.5 million bond lowered to $50,000.

Attorney Joe Spencer is representing the 22-year-old father. He says his client is still on suicide watch, distraught and very emotional. Jeffrey, a Fort Bliss soldier, wore an orange jumpsuit and only spoke to his attorney during the hearing.

During Tuesday's hearing, prosecutors also shed more light on the status of Blake. Prosecutor Penny Hamilton said the toddler is "grossly underweight" and was taken by Child Protective Services in Michigan because of significant medical issues.
Prosecutors also said Jeffrey's family is fighting for custody of the boy. His defense attorney told ABC-7 the child neglect did not happen under Jeffrey's watch because he was deployed at that time.

Jeffrey's next hearing is Dec.  12 when a judge will reconsider his request for bond reduction once the autopsy report for the body found near Orogrande is released.

ABC-7's cameras were rolling Nov. 19, as detectives searched and removed belongings from the Farrey home in Northeast El Paso. A white sports car at the property was towed away.

comments powered by Disqus