EL PASO, Texas -

According to Sun Metro spokeswoman Laura Cruz-Acosta the Sun Metro driver was heading south on Santa Fe when he smelled smoke and then saw smoke above his head. He immediately pulled over. With only passenger aboard, it took only about one minute to evacuate the burning bus.

Fire investigators believe a faulty fan over-heated and sparked the fire.
Sun Metro says this is extremely rare since most fires start in the engine, located in the back of the bus.

According to Sun Metro, these flames are suppose to happen. Sun metro buses are made with a vent process, in which the natural gas is compressed. Once a certain pressure level is met, it releases the gas. 

"The system actually worked perfectly," said Cruz Acosta. "We're looking into this and taking this extremely serious and we will make sure the safety of our passengers is met first."