Property tax deadline is Thursday
The deadline for paying 2012 property taxes is Thursday, January 31, 2013. Taxpayers are encouraged to pay before the deadline to avoid penalties and interest. Payment options include:
1. MAIL - Send payment to El Paso Tax Assessor Collector, P.O. Box 660271, Dallas, TX 75266-0271. (Note: Do not mail cash)
2. INTERNET - At www.elpasotexas.gov <http://www.elpasotexas.gov/> by e-check or credit card (Master Card, Visa and American Express).
3. TELEPHONE - Call (915) 541-4054 and pay by e-check or credit card (Master Card, Visa and American Express).
4. WELLS FARGO BANKS - in El Paso County by 3:00 p.m., Thursday, January 31, 2013 full or partial payment. No cash accepted only checks or money orders. Tax bill must be presented. Lobby payments only.
(No Drive-thru payments)
5. COUNTY TAX OFFICES - Check, Money Orders, and cash are accepted. Tax bill must be presented.
6. CITY OF EL PASO TAX OFFICE - Located on the 3rd floor of the Downtown Wells Fargo Building at 221 N. Kansas (corner of Kansas and Mills). Office hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday thru Thursday. We will be open on Friday January 18th and 25th.
You may experience some delays or difficulty in accessing payment options because of the large volume of payments being processed during this peak period. Early payment is suggested in order to avoid these problems.
Source: City of El Paso
Copyright 2014 KVIA. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.