8 EPISD principals, assistant principals could lose jobs at April 2 meeting
The El Paso Independent School District board of trustees will consider the proposed termination and/or non-renewal of employment contracts of four principals and four assistant principals at the district's meeting on Tuesday, April 2.
The principals, who have been put on administrative leave, are:
- Principal Randall Wood, Burges High School.
- Principal John Tanner, Austin High School.
- Principal Kristine Ferret, El Paso High School.
- Principal Luis C. Loya, Center for Career & Technology Education.
Other jobs on the line at the school board meeting:
- Assistant principal, Austin High School
- Assistant principal, Burges High School
- Assistant principal, El Paso High School
- Assistant principal, Jefferson High School
All eight of the jobs will be discussed behind closed doors. Any final action as a result of this discussion will be taken at the re?opening of this meeting,
later during the open session or at a subsequent meeting.
Interim Superintendent Vernon L. Butler has assigned administrators to serve as temporary principals at the affected campuses.
“I want to assure our students and parents that there is solid leadership on their campus and that the District is providing the necessary support to ensure continued student success,” interim Superintendent Vernon L. Butler said in a news release.
Interim administrators assigned to work at the campuses with the current staff are:
• Austin High School – Nick Cobos
• Burges High School – Craig Kehrwald
• El Paso High School – Steve Clay
• Center for Career & Technology Education – Matthew Farley
Also on the agenda will be consultation with legal counsel concerning Consultation with Legal Counsel Concerning Legal Issues Relating To:
1. Inquiries/Investigations by Outside Agencies
2. TEA Administrative Review and Submittal to the U.S. Department of Justice
Regarding Commissioner of Education Appointments of Conservator and
Board of Managers