Judge Conrad Perea has issued a nationwide warrant with a $100,000 cash bond for the arrest of the second suspect wanted in the sexual assault case involving two teenage girls earlier this month, according to the Dona Ana County Sheriff's Office.
Dona Ana County Sheriff's investigators say 21-year-old Eloy O. Gonzales is wanted on conspiracy charges and allegations of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Investigators said they believe Gonzales has fled the area.
According to court documents, Gonzales and 22-year-old Marcos Anthony Moncayo went to the home of two 14-year-old girls on Jan. 12 and allegedly gave them alcohol before Moncayo allegedly engaged in sexual activity with one of the sisters.
Dona Ana Sheriff's officials said Moncayo and his attorney have been cooperating with investigators since he turned himself in last week. He remains at the Doña Ana County Detention Center on ten felony counts.
Gonzales faces eight felony charges, including two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, two counts of conspiracy to commit selling or giving alcohol to a minor, two counts of conspiracy to commit sexual penetration of a minor and two counts of conspiracy to commit contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Anyone with information on Gonzales's whereabouts is asked to call police.