EL PASO, Texas -

Two separate fires caused damage to two structures in El Paso Saturday evening, totaling $25,000 worth of damage.

According to El Paso Fire, the first fire caught just before 9 p.m. on the 700 Block of Winter Drive.

Crews were sent to a home when the smell of smoke was reported by the homeowner.

Firefighters quickly controlled the fire, which was contained to the attic space.

Officials said the fire was started by a cement pipe, acting as a chimney flue.

It appears the flue fell over, at caught insulation on fire, fire official said.

The homeowner told firefighters his fire had been lit for 12 hours, which may have deteriorated the pipe after multiple years of use.

Damage from the fire is estimated at $10,000.

The second fire began close to 11 p.m., on the 6200 block of Tampa Avenue.

Crews responded within five minutes, where they observed smoke and flames behind a home.

A two-room structure behind the house has caught fire. It was used as a storage unit, official said.

Firefighters stopped the fire within ten minutes, but the structure sustained smoke damage estimated at $15,000.

Fire officials believe the fire was caused by a cigarette ember, that lit a piece of cardboard on fire.

The Fire Department urges people to be cautious when smoking, always smoke outside, use ashtrays, and ensure butts are out before leaving them.

No one was injured in either fire.