2011 KVIA Annual EEO Public File Report
KVIA TV Annual EEO Public File Report
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (?Report?) is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC?s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of the following station(s): KVIA TV and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of these stations, and posted on their websites, if they have websites.
The information contained in this Report covers the time period beginning April 1, 2010 to and including March 31, 2011 (the ?Applicable Period?).
The FCC?s 2002 EEO Rule requires that this Report contain the following information:
1) A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) comprising the Station Employment Unit during the Applicable Period;
2) For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(1)(ii) of the new EEO Rule, which should be separately identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number;
3) The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the Applicable Period;
4) Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
5) A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(2) of the FCC rules.
Appendices 1, 2, and 3, which follow, have been designed, in the aggregate to provide the required information. Please note that the numbers listed on Appendix 2 under the column entitled ?Full-Time Positions for Which this Source was Utilized? refer to the number of full-time job positions listed on Appendix 1.
For purposes of this Report, a vacancy was deemed ?filled? not when the offer was extended, but when the hiree accepted the job offer. A person was deemed ?interviewed? whether he or she was interviewed in person, over the telephone, or by email.
Appendix 1 to Annual EEO Public File Report Form Covering the Period from April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011 Station(s) Comprising Station Employment Unit: KVIA TV
Full-Time Positions Filled by Job Title Recruitment Source of Hiree Total Number of Interviewees from all Sources for this Position 1) Managing Editor Rehire 1 2) Account Executive University of Texas at El Paso--Marketing Dept. 12 3) Reporter National Association of Hispanic Journalists 5 4) Account Executive University of Texas at El Paso--Advertising Dept. 12 5) Meteorologist www.tvjobs.com 4 6) News Producer Referral 9 7) Anchor/Reporter Intercompany Transfer 2 8) Account Executive Referral 1
Appendix 2 to Annual EEO Public File Report Form Covering the Period from April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011 Station(s) Comprising Station Employment Unit: KVIA TV
Recruitment Source Information
Recruitment Source Total Number of Interviewees this Source has Provided During this Period Full-Time Positions for Which This Source was Utilized 1) Upper Rio Grande Workforce Contact: 300 E Main El Paso, Texas 79901 Phone: 915-351-6547 Website: www.workintexas.com 1 7 2) KVIA TV Facebook Page Contact: Chris Babcock 4140 Rio Bravo El Paso, Texas 79902 Phone: 915-496-7777 Website: facebook.com 0 2 3) KVIA TV Twitter Page Contact: Chris Babcock 4140 Rio Bravo El Paso, Texas 79902 Phone: 915-496-7777 Website: twitter.com 0 2 4) KVIA TV website Contact: Chris Babcock 4140 Rio Bravo El Paso, Texas 79902 Phone: 915-496-7777 Website: kvia.com 10 7 5) University of Texas at El Paso Contact: Carolyn Mitchell 500 W. University El Paso, Texas 79968 Phone: 915-747-5129 5 2
Total Number of Interviewees this Source has Provided During this Period
Full-Time Positions for Which This Source was Utilized 6) TV Jobs Contact: Brenda DeAnda www.tvjobs.com 13 4 7) News Press Gazette website Contact: Jennifer Wright 825 Edmond St Joseph, Missouri 64501 Phone: 816-236-6237 Fax: 816-271-8591 Website: npgco.com 0 7 8) KVIA on-air advertisement KVIA channel 7 0 2
Appendix 3 to Annual EEO Public File Report Form Covering the Period from April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011 Station(s) Comprising Station Employment Unit: KVIA TV
Supplemental (Non Vacancy-Specific) Recruitment Activities Undertaken by KVIA TV:
1) KVIA-TV participated in an activity designed to further the goal of disseminating information as to employment opportunities in broadcasting to job candidates who might otherwise be unaware of such opportunities. In spring 2010, General Sales Manager, Rene Santana, taught a class of students at the University of Texas at El Paso. With a presentation titled ?Objection Handling,? she discussed broadcast sales techniques, media sales job descriptions, how to secure employment in broadcast sales and supplied students with her contact information, so that they could contact her if they had any other questions about media advertising.
2) KVIA-TV provided training to management level personnel as to methods of ensuring equal employment opportunity and preventing discrimination. On Tuesday, May 11 and on Tuesday, November 30, 2010, Human Resource Coordinator, Paige Mandell, attended webinars sponsored by the Texas Association of Broadcasters, focusing on FCC EEO compliance. Following the training, Ms Mandell discussed the webinar contents with all station managers.