EL PASO, Texas - University Medical Center's former chief nursing officer has been named Chief Executive Officer for El Paso Children's Hospital.
Cindy A. Stout will replace Children's President and CEO Mark Amox, who is leaving the hospital to pursue other opportunities.
"I am extremely proud to be a part of an organization that represents something so very special in this community," said Stout.
"It is a tremendous day for El Paso and for the children of our Borderplex region. We are welcoming a new CEO with hometown roots and exceptional business and healthcare management skills," said Children's Hospital Board Chairman Ted Houghton.
Houghton said Stout will take over the CEO post immediately. "It is critical the Children's Hospital continues to operate independently and under solid leadership without gaps in the transition," said Houghton, "We want our patients, physicians, and staff to know there is a highly capable person on site, with a firm hand on the wheel. We do not intend to miss a beat."
Stout, who earned her Doctorate in Nursing Practice from Duke University, has enjoyed a long career in healthcare. Her experience includes:
- Chief Nursing Officer at University Medical Center
- Chief Nursing Officer at Del Sol Medical Center
- Chief Nursing Executive for Las Palmas/Del Sol Healthcare
- Member of the Adjunct Faculty for the University of Texas at El Paso
- Member of the Advisory Boards of UTEP's School of Nursing and the Texas Tech Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing
- Member of the Nursing Advisory Committees for El Paso Community College Nursing and Dona Ana Community College