EL PASO, Texas - Todd S. Miller
City Representative, District #7
Bachelors of Divinity (Non-Secular), Pursuing a degree in Public Administration
Wife: Milta Sanchez-Miller
God Sons: Sergio & Isaiah Sanchez
1) NUMBER-ONE CAMPAIGN FOCUS: Gaining the trust of our citizens again.
2) WHAT SETS YOU APART FROM YOUR OPPONENTS?
I am an ethical leader. I can and will maintain a balanced budget for my district. I will also fight tirelessly for the citizen's of District #7. I will fight to keep taxes down on home owners and small businesses.
3) RELEVANT EXPERIENCE THAT QUALIFIES YOU FOR THE POSITION YOU SEEK:
Investment Manager that manages multi million dollar properties. I have a budget and maintain it. I also have proven leadership skills acquired from my service in the US Army.
4) IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO REVOKE ONE ORDINANCE IN EL PASO IMMEDIATELY UPON TAKING OFFICE, WHICH ONE WOULD IT BE?
I would not revoke any of the ordinances immediately. I would hold a town hall meeting with the constituents of District #7 to find out what ordinances they were in disagreement with. I would then narrow down that lsit to the most important issues. I would place it on the city council agenda and then ultimately have the citizens decide with their vote.
5) DESCRIBE A MOMENT THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE:
A moment that changed my life was meeting my wife. Up to that point before I met her, I felt as if I were just in Limbo. I had no purpose or direction. I was in the Army and that is all I lived for. Meeting my wife gave me a sense of purpose, motivation, direction and responsibility.
6) IN WHAT WAYS IS EL PASO ON THE RIGHT TRACK, AND IN WHAT WAYS DOES IT NEED TO CHANGE COURSE?
El Paso is on the right track as far as development and downtown revitalization. Ways in which it needs to change course would be the way politics are conducted. We as Americans are under a democratic rule. This means that all issues are put to a vote and the majority wins. This has not been the case on numerous issues here in El Paso. I will give the people both their voice and the democratic process back.
• 7) IF ELECTED, HOW WILL YOU BALANCE THE NEEDS OF FAMILY, YOUR CAREER AND YOUR OFFICE?
I believe there are 24 useable hours in a day. I served in the Army so I am accustomed to sleeping only 5 hours per night. I will balance my work load with my office and family by including my family in all I do whilst in office. As far as my career as long as I am sustaining my assigned property I can work outside the office. I am a multi-tasker and I posses the uncanny ability to juggle numerous tasks simultaneously. I aslo work better under deadlines and pressure.
• 8) WHEN AND WHY DID YOU COME TO EL PASO (IF APPLICABLE)?
I came to El Paso in 2004. The Army stationed me here at Fort Bliss.
9) PLEASE INDICATE WHETHER YOU HAVE A WEBSITE, TWITTER OR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT:
I do have a website: www.abetterelpaso.com
I am also on facebook: @abetterelpaso