Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 2:05 PM MDT on May 24, 2016, expires at: 9:00 PM MDT on May 25, 2016
- ...Red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Wednesday for strong winds and low relative humidity... The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has issued a red flag warning...which is in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Wednesday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
- Wind...southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
- Humidity...6 to 12 percent.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
- Areas from the New Mexico bootheel northeast into western Sierra County will experience the strongest winds and the most critical conditions. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. 26