Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 6:51 am MDT on April 18, 2015, expires at: 8:00 PM MDT on April 18, 2015
- ...Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 8 PM MDT this evening due to strong winds and low humidity... The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has issued a red flag warning...which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 8 PM MDT this evening. This replaces the Fire Weather Watch previously in effect.
- Areas affected: much of the southern New Mexico lowlands including fire weather zones 111 and the southern half of zone 112. Also Texas fire weather zones 055 and 056.
- Timing: today from 1 PM through 8 PM MDT.
- Winds: sustained 20-foot winds of around 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
- Humidity: 10 to 15 percent.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create extreme fire growth potential.