Issued at: 9:46 PM MDT on July 31, 2014, expires at: 10:45 PM MDT on July 31, 2014
- ...Strong thunderstorms threatening northern Sierra County through 1045 PM MDT... At 935 PM MDT...some showers and thunderstorms remain in the area moving south southwest around 10 mph. A trained weather spotter reports there is about 6 inches of water on Highway 52 near Winston with a lot of dirt and some rocks and mud on the roadway. This water should go down over the next hour but exercise a lot of caution as flooded areas with debris are very difficult to see at night. Do not enter areas where water is ponding on or running across roadways. Locations impacted include... Winston... Placitas... Placitas in Sierra County... Lat...Lon 3336 10734 3328 10730 3336 10773 3344 10771 time...Mot...loc 0339z 261deg 5kt 3337 10760
Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 3:35 PM MDT on July 31, 2014, expires at: 8:00 AM MDT on August 02, 2014
- ...Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday morning... The Flash Flood Watch continues for
- portions of nm and TX...including the following areas...in nm...central Tularosa basin...east slopes Sacramento Mountains below 7500 feet...eastern Black Range foothills...lowlands of the bootheel...northern Dona Ana County...Otero Mesa... Sacramento Mountains above 7500 feet...Sierra County lakes... southern Dona Ana County/Mesilla Valley...southern Gila foothills/Mimbres valley...southern Gila Highlands/Black Range...southern Tularosa basin...southwest desert/lower Gila River valley...southwest desert/Mimbres basin...uplands of the bootheel...upper Gila River valley and west slopes Sacramento Mountains below 7500 feet. In TX...eastern/central El Paso County...northern Hudspeth Highlands/Hueco Mountains...Rio Grande Valley of eastern El Paso/western Hudspeth counties... Rio Grande Valley of eastern Hudspeth County...Salt Basin... southern Hudspeth Highlands and western El Paso County.
- Through Saturday morning
- widespread areas of rainfall of 1 to 3 inches...with a few areas possibly totaling 4-5 inches...through Saturday night.
- Normally dry arroyos and streams could be quickly filled with fast moving water...mud and debris. Low water crossing roadways could become impassable. Flooding of poorly drained streets and intersections is possible for urban areas. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued.