Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 9:14 PM MST on January 29, 2015, expires at: 12:00 AM MST on February 01, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until midnight MST Saturday night... A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until midnight MST Saturday night.
- Snow accumulation: 6 to 10 inches above 7000 feet. Accumulations below 7000 feet will be in the 1 to 3 inch range.
- Timing: snow is expected to begin early this morning and end as late as overnight Saturday.
- Impact: heavy wet snow will accumulate at higher elevations... making travel difficult over mountain passes. Heavy snows could compromise the structural integrity of some rooftops. Dangerously reduced visibilities also possible in heavy snow. As snow levels fall...roads at high elevations will become icy and snow packed.
- Winds: east to southeast 10 to 20 mph.
- Snow levels: moderate to heavy snow showers will initially begin above 8000 feet...falling near 6000 feet at times through the event. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow... sleet...and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.