Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 6:39 am MDT on April 16, 2014, expires at: 9:00 PM MDT on April 16, 2014
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 9 PM MDT this evening for strong winds and low relative humidity...
- timing: 2 PM MDT to 9 PM MDT Wednesday.
- Wind: west 20 to 25 mph with gusts around 35 mph.
- Humidity: 5 to 10 percent.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create extreme fire growth potential. 26