Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 12:58 PM MDT on April 23, 2014, expires at: 8:00 PM MDT on April 23, 2014
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM MDT this evening for strong winds and low humidity for fire weather zones 055...056...110...111...112 and 113...
- for elevations below 7500 feet mean sea level.
- Timing: 1 PM MDT to 8 PM MDT Wednesday.
- Wind: west 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
- Humidity: 7 to 15 percent.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and high nfdrs fire danger ratings will create extreme fire growth potential.
Issued at: 4:59 am MDT on April 23, 2014, expires at: 9:00 PM MDT on April 23, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 9 PM MDT this evening... A Wind Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 9 PM MDT this evening.
- Event: strong west winds with areas of blowing dust and wind gusts to 50 mph.
- Timing: winds will increase through the late morning and become the strongest in the mid to late afternoon hours. Winds will diminish later this evening.
- Impact: strong winds will create hazardous driving conditions for drivers of high profile vehicles and motorcycles. Blowing dust will also restrict visibilities. Wildfire danger will be elevated...be careful with flames and Sparks.
- Visibility: many areas will see visibilities slightly reduced to three to five miles...but a few dust prone locations could see visibilities reduced to less than 1/2 mile. Visibility will improve after sunset. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.