Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 7:32 am MDT on April 20, 2014, expires at: 8:00 PM MDT on April 23, 2014
- ...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Wednesday afternoon through Wednesday evening for strong winds and low humidity for fire weather zones 055...056...110...111...112 and 113... The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has issued a Fire Weather Watch...which is in effect from Wednesday afternoon through Wednesday evening.
- Event: fire weather ...zone 110 Southwest Mountains. Fire weather zone 111 southwest deserts and lowlands. Fire weather zone 112 south central lowlands and southern Rio Grande Valley. Fire weather zone 113 Capitan and Sacramento Mountains. Fire weather zone 055 El Paso...fire weather zone 056 Hudspeth.
- Timing: 1 PM MDT to 8 PM MDT Wednesday 23 April.
- Wind: west 25 to 30 mph with gusts around 40 to 45 mph.
- Humidity: 5 to 10 percent.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.