Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 2:42 PM MDT on April 1, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM MDT on April 02, 2015
- ...Red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Thursday for strong winds and low humidity for fire weather zones 055...056... 110...111...112 and 113... The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has issued a red flag warning...which is in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Thursday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
- Timing: noon through 9 PM Thursday evening.
- Wind: west winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts over 40 mph.
- Humidity: 5 to 13 percent.
- Impacts: any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create extreme fire growth potential. Tripoli