Issued at: 10:34 am MST on March 2, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM MST on March 02, 2015
- ...Wind Advisory in effect until 7 PM MST this evening... The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has issued a Wind Advisory...which is in effect until 7 PM MST this evening.
- Event: southwest winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
- Timing: winds will increase in speed this afternoon...peaking just prior to frontal passage. Winds will diminish below advisory criteria early this evening.
- Impact: cross winds can make driving more difficult for high profile vehicles traveling on Interstate 10 and other local highways. Stronger winds can scatter small loose objects.
- Visibility: patchy blowing dust near disturbed soil areas may reduce visibilities to less than a mile in some areas. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.