Issued at: 1:43 PM MST on November 23, 2014, expires at: 7:00 PM MST on November 23, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory in effect until 7 PM MST this evening... The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has issued a Wind Advisory...which is in effect until 7 PM MST this evening.
- Wind...west to northwest sustained 30 to 35 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph...highest along exposed ridgelines and east-facing slopes.
- Timing...winds are peaking now and will diminish after sunset.
- Visibility...no significant visibility restrictions are expected. Some local areas downstream from dust sources may see brief patches of blowing dust.
- Local impacts...strong cross winds are expected on north to south roadways which may cause hazardous driving conditions at times. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 30 mph to 39 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.