Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 7:27 am MDT on May 5, 2016, expires at: 7:00 PM MDT on May 06, 2016
- ...Red flag warning in effect from noon to 7 PM MDT Friday for low humidities and high winds for fire weather zones 055...110...111 and 112... The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has issued a red flag warning...which is in effect from noon to 7 PM MDT Friday. This warning replaces the previous Fire Weather Watch.
- Wind...southwest winds of 20 to 30 mph with some gust of 40 to 45 mph.
- Humidity...lowest humidities will be under 10%
- thunderstorms...an isolated thunderstorm with some dry lightning possible mainly over the Sacramento mountainous.
- Impacts...strong winds will result in fires spreading rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. 20