Issued at: 10:42 PM MST on November 22, 2014, expires at: 5:00 PM MST on November 23, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect from 3 am to 5 PM MST Sunday...
- location...the southern Sacramento Mountains in Otero County and in particular for summits and eastern slopes and also for eastern slope locations in El Paso...Dona Ana...and Otero counties on and east of the Franklin and San Andres Mountains.
- Winds...west to northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts around 50 mph.
- Timing...winds will start to increase before sunrise Sunday morning...peak in the mid day early afternoon time frame...and diminish in the late afternoon.
- Visibility...no significant visibility restrictions are expected. Some local areas downstream from dust sources may see brief patches of blowing dust.
- Local impacts...strong cross winds are expected on north to south roadways which may cause hazardous driving conditions at times. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.