Issued at: 12:46 PM MST on November 23, 2014/, expires at: 5:00 PM MST on November 23, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST /5 PM MST/ this evening...
- event...very windy conditions.
- Timing...through this afternoon.
- Winds...west 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
- Impacts...driving may be difficult...especially in high profile vehicles. Light weight objects may be tossed around by the wind. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
High Wind Warning:
Issued at: 12:46 PM MST on November 23, 2014/, expires at: 12:00 AM CST on November 24, 2014
- ...High Wind Warning remains in effect until midnight CST /11 PM MST/ tonight...
- event...damaging winds.
- Timing...through this evening.
- Winds...west winds 40 to 50 mph with gusts to 65 mph.
- Impacts...strong Crosswinds on north to south and northeast to southwest oriented roads are expected and will produce very difficult driving conditions. Aviation interests may experience localized but extreme turbulence...or strong downward airflows... if flying in the vicinity of the Guadalupe and Davis Mountains. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.