Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 12:57 PM MDT on March 10, 2014, expires at: 6:00 PM MDT on March 11, 2014
- ...Fire Weather Watch in effect Tuesday afternoon for strong winds and low humidity across fire weather zones 055...056...111 and 112... The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has issued a Fire Weather Watch...which is in effect Tuesday afternoon.
- Event: fire weather ...zone 111 southwest deserts and lowlands. Fire weather zone 112 south central lowlands and southern Rio Grande Valley. Fire weather zone 055 El Paso... fire weather zone 056 Hudspeth.
- Timing: ...noon to 6 PM MDT.
- Wind: west 15 to 25 mph gusting 30 to 35 mph.
- Humidity: 10 to 18 percent
- impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are likely to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.