Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 8:25 PM MDT on May 18, 2013/, expires at: 7:00 PM MDT on May 19, 2013
- ...Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Sunday afternoon through Sunday evening for gusty winds and low humidity for the Guadalupe Mountains...southeast New Mexico plains...Van Horn area and northern Permian Basin...
- 20 ft wind....in the mountains...west 20 to 30 mph. In The Lowlands... southwest 15 to 25 mph.
- Humidity......5 to 10 percent.
- Temperature...10 to 15 degrees above normal.
- Impacts.......any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.