Issued at: 5:37 am MDT on March 11, 2014, expires at: 12:00 PM MDT on March 12, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to noon MDT Wednesday for the west slopes of The Organ and Franklin Mountains... The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has issued a Wind Advisory...which is in effect from midnight tonight to noon MDT Wednesday.
- Event: strong gusty winds along west slopes of mountains increasing to 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
- Timing: winds will turn east to northeast by around midnight...then become strongest within a few hours after midnight. Winds will begin diminishing late Wednesday morning.
- Impact: winds will make traveling by vehicle difficult. Loose objects may also be blown around and displaced.
- Visibility: should remain good...although local visibilities could drop to 5 miles near disturbed soil. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 12:57 PM MDT on March 10, 2014, expires at: 6:00 PM MDT on March 11, 2014
- ...Fire Weather Watch in effect Tuesday afternoon for strong winds and low humidity across fire weather zones 055...056...111 and 112... The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has issued a Fire Weather Watch...which is in effect Tuesday afternoon.
- Event: fire weather ...zone 111 southwest deserts and lowlands. Fire weather zone 112 south central lowlands and southern Rio Grande Valley. Fire weather zone 055 El Paso... fire weather zone 056 Hudspeth.
- Timing: ...noon to 6 PM MDT.
- Wind: west 15 to 25 mph gusting 30 to 35 mph.
- Humidity: 10 to 18 percent
- impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are likely to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.